Step back in time with old fashioned service & enjoy cool country living whilst generating an attractive income stream from this historical general store & residence, within the quaint village of Chillingham - just 15 minutes from Murwillumbah & 40 minutes to the Gold Coast.
This iconic landmark property & thriving business has been in operation since 1922 and is strongly supported by the local community and a swarm of country travellers.
- General store (basic retail, groceries & coffee shop)
- Post Office (Licence agreement min $30k PA with Australia Post - includes 21 post boxes)
- Bottle Shop (retail & package Liquor Licence)
- Fuel Station (1 x petrol bowser, 2 x 2000L under-ground tanks, petrol & diesel)
FREEHOLD BUILDING / PROPERTY:
- Land size 1799m2
- General store & expansive alfresco deck areas (plus cool room & storage areas)
- Lower section (could facilitate retail, dining, functions or home expansion - however, no warranty is made relating to the working order of any equipment & or Council requirements pertaining to the kitchen & use of this area)
- Upper level comprises of a spacious & private residence comprising (3) bedrooms, study, sunroom, spa & combustion fire place
- Lush tropical gardens & rain forest (ideal to extend beer garden, country BBQ's & Devonshire tea etc.)
- Licenced water bore producing everlasting Natural Spring Water plus 23,000 tank water & septic system
- Generator (4BT Cummins 80 KVA Diesel)
- Inventory & financials provided upon request (would easily support couple & or family arrangement)
- Rates $2326 per annum
Chillingham is nature's link to some of the Tweed's hidden secrets such as, Mount Warning, Tyalgum, Uki, Crystal Creek & a gateway to Springbrook National Park, home to the Natural Bridge & alluring must see glow worms.
You will enjoy being just (15) minutes from Murwillumbah, which provides your closest CBD for major shopping & a full range of services - Tweed is about 30 minutes North.
The Gold Coast beaches & Airport are within (40) minutes & Byron Bay easily less than an hour.
A truly unique & wonderful opportunity to fulfil both lifestyle & earning ambitions.
This delightful property both residentially & commercially, is in good order & business turnover is reliable & solid.
Pleasingly it still allows an energetic proprietor with flair & burning ideas of their own to add other dimensions & increase earnings, if so desired.
Motivated sellers have set an attractive price to encourage a prompt sale & will facilitate a smooth handover.
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we believe to be reliable. DJ Stringer Property Services Pty Ltd and its staff will not be held responsible for any act or omission arising from the accuracy of such material. We cannot guarantee its accuracy and interested persons should rely on their own enquiries. Such enquires should include, but in no way limited & directed, to your legal representative, any local authorities, the Contract of Sale and in the event of a Unit, Strata Title or Community Title, refer to the Body Corporate, Community Management Statement & Disclosure Statement for any information on the property, Common Property & Exclusive use areas, that may directly or indirectly affect this property.