Step back in time with old fashioned service & enjoy cool country living whilst generating an attractive income stream from this historical general store & residence, within the quaint village of Chillingham - just 15 minutes from Murwillumbah & 40 minutes to the Gold Coast.
This iconic landmark property & thriving business has been in operation since 1922 and is strongly supported by the local community and a swarm of country travellers.
- General store (basic retail, groceries & coffee shop)
- Post Office (Licence agreement min $30k PA with Australia Post - includes 21 post boxes)
- Bottle Shop (retail & package Liquor Licence)
- Fuel Station (1 x petrol bowser, 2 x 2000L under-ground tanks, petrol & diesel)
FREEHOLD BUILDING / PROPERTY:
- Land size 1799m2
- General store & expansive alfresco deck areas (plus cool room & storage areas)
- Lower section (could facilitate retail, dining, functions or home expansion - however, no warranty is made relating to the working order of any equipment & or Council requirements pertaining to the kitchen & use of this area)
- Upper level comprises of a spacious & private residence comprising (3) bedrooms, study, sunroom, spa & combustion fire place
- Lush tropical gardens & rain forest (ideal to extend beer garden, country BBQ's & Devonshire tea etc.)
- Licenced water bore producing everlasting Natural Spring Water plus 23,000 tank water & septic system
- Generator (4BT Cummins 80 KVA Diesel)
- Inventory & financials provided upon request (would easily support couple & or family arrangement)
- Rates $2326 per annum
Chillingham is nature's link to some of the Tweed's hidden secrets such as, Mount Warning, Tyalgum, Uki, Crystal Creek & a gateway to Springbrook National Park, home to the Natural Bridge & alluring must see glow worms.
You will enjoy being just (15) minutes from Murwillumbah, which provides your closest CBD for major shopping & a full range of services - Tweed is about 30 minutes North.
The Gold Coast beaches & Airport are within (40) minutes & Byron Bay easily less than an hour.
A truly unique & wonderful opportunity to fulfil both lifestyle & earning ambitions.
This delightful property both residentially & commercially, is in good order & business turnover is reliable & solid.
Pleasingly it still allows an energetic proprietor with flair & burning ideas of their own to add other dimensions & increase earnings, if so desired.
Motivated sellers have set an attractive price to encourage a prompt sale & will facilitate a smooth handover.
For further details please contact David Stringer, DJ Stringer Property Services.